20080610

Giving Customer Feedback, Confessing Faith

I always enjoy every good experience of excellent customer service. Who does not enjoy competent service in a restaurant! Almost without exception I will comment, even make phone calls or send emails, to everyone involved when products and services are good (also when it is not). I am also a good tipper (in fact, tip poor). Businesses are too often aggressive to pitch their products and services, then seem to hold their breath hoping the customer doesn’t have a problem. If they do, they seem offended.

In a humorous tv commercial I saw recently, a board room of sales people sat brainstorming for ideas how to improve business. It was determined that the company did not really need to change their products and services after all, just their customers. “They are awful!” said one nutty guy. “They keep calling and complaining!”

I was especially impressed this week to get a phone call from our Internet service provider to ask about our service. Since I was, in fact, having issues, the caller took ownership of the problems and helped me to resolve them.

My cell phone service provider is good to do that also. I love it. The next day, I received a followup call from the ISP folks to ask about my level of satisfaction with the service I had just received from them. Now that’s what I am talking about!

But it all pales compared to the Father of compassion and the God of all support, who has supported us in all our troubles (2 Corinthians 1:3-4). God, who has called us into fellowship with him through his Son, Jesus Christ, is faithful (1 Corinthians 1:9).

Don Loy Whisnant/Journey Notes 8F10
gracepointamerica.org