20080722

Living Another 60 years Before I Am 90

Earlier in life I made both calculated and impulsive choices to get ahead which, as it turned out, actually robbed the quality of my life and ministry and set me back in some ways. A wilderness journey of sorts. I thought we needed new cars, but we didn't. Bigger houses, but we didn't. The best and latest equipment and programs, but we didn't. Not really. They were not our most essential needs or the wisest investment of our time - time we could have used to experience Christ more fully and to live out of his provisions. We look now to make investments of time during the next 30 years which will yield eternal results equal to the previous 60.

"Whatever was to my profit as a Pharisee, I now consider to be detrimental to the cause of Christ." (Philippians 3:7, GracePoint paraphrase).

Don Loy Whisnant/Journey Notes 8G22

gracepointamerica.org