20101021


Support for Grace Ministry Greater than the Most Money Ever

I absolutely know the experience of receiving $500,000. Not everyone knows what that feels like, but I do. It happened this week, actually two nights ago. It was in a dream! So I didn’t really get the money, but anyone who has ever had one of those dreams knows that they seem as true to reality as any experience they ever had.

The dream was caused, I think, by the cost of recent vehicle repairs, also living in the old farmhouse.

Most interesting, however, the dream gave me an opportunity to discover what my heart’s response would be to having that amount of disposable money. I did not really know, so could only surmise.

As it was, the money gave me, in my dream, a wonderful sense of blessing that Carole and I could now better maintain our old vehicles and the farmhouse.

But even more than that, I was excited for the new ability it gave us to support the work GracePoint does. (No one I know does what GracePoint does.)

But even more interesting and significant than all that, when I woke up to discover I was only dreaming, I was only mildly disappointed. Instead, I felt a deep, abiding confidence and peace that, more than money, I had Christ who is able to make all grace abound to us so that in all things at all times, we will have all we need and abound in every good work” (2 Corinthians 9:8).

Don Loy Whisnant/The Grace Perspective 10J21