An Old Joke: My Life at 67
Favorite really corny joke: I’m wealthy: I almost have a six-figure income; in fact, it’s five.
Just to report on my 67th birthday, though: I am excited, thankful, and contented with my modest life, needs, income, and possessions.
Wealth is having
- physical, mental, and emotional health,
- a tension-free marriage,
- a safe, modest place to live/house, property, and furnishings in good repair,
- two maintained/paid-for vehicles,
- no debt,
- 6 months living expenses saved,
- an emergency fund for repair needs,
- health/dental/visual/life insurance,
- modest investment savings for retirement years,
- sufficient funds for food, clothes, nutritional supplements, gifts, day trips to coast and mountains, maintaining possessions - including house, vehicles, and equipment,
- no need for cruises or expensive vacations, alcohol or drugs, social media, parties, tv/movie entertainment, spectator sport events, or codependent relationships with friends or family,
- growing faith and understanding of the message of grace,
- increase in freedom from brokenness, and
- opportunity for redemptive service to others through GracePoint.
DonLoy Whisnant/Journey Notes 15J06