20080507

Cuttin' Up with Carole

I love saying to wife, Carole, "I love you, and I really mean it this time!" just to pick at her. In a quiet moment recently I told her that among all the women in the world, she was one of them. I got punched, but it was fun. I have been scheming to tell her that she is on my list of 100 people.

Cuttin' Up with God

Healthy children in healthy families are free to joust and banter with their parents. I love picking at God, sometimes to ask "When you get back from vacation, I'd like to have a word with you! Sir!" or "What in the world are you doing? Sir!" This morning holding Carole in my arms before going out the door, I asked God to take care of my wife and to increase in me his support for her. I closed my prayer with an impassioned "Amen!" Then I added, "And I really mean it this time!"

Don Loy Whisnant/Journey Notes 8E07
gracepointamerica.org