20080812

Needed

I am committed, as God transforms my sorry self from a user into an investor, to win Carole’s confidence that her health and happiness needs matter to me – in which case, my motivation for service to her is the heart of Christ within me to give myself up for her. But sometimes a wife can sense her husband struggles with being a knucklehead and can help him out a little.

For example, I learned yesterday morning that Carole has plans later this week for an event that I have no need or desire to be a part of. But I expected her to ask me to be involved, and I dreaded it. On our walk last night, she said, “Honey, I don’t want to go alone this week, would you go with me?" Then she said those magic words: "I need you.” Now, I no longer dread it.


Don Loy Whisnant/Journey Notes 8H12
gracepointamerica.org